The Latest Staycation Ideas
The idea of a staycation is becoming more and more of a common event throughout the world. The great thing about living in or around San Antonio is that a great many of the businesses are recognizing this as well. Many of them are offering special staycation discounts for locals. To take things a step further the city is now promoting what they call a Kidcation. This year’s Kidcation goes from August 8th through the 17th and more than 50 businesses in the area are participating in this event. So if you are looking for something to do this summer on a budget and you have kids then check out what San Antonio has to offer during Kidcation week. Below are some of the highlights of the available discounts.
Kidcation 2014 Discounts
- The Incredible Pizza Company offers games, food, and fun. They are offering a coupon good for 2 buffets, 2 drinks and a $20.00 game card for $28.99.
- The Buckhorn Saloon Museum and Texas Ranger Museum offers a free child’s ticket when you purchase using offer code: Kidcation14.
- Kids can get a free ticket for a City Sightseeing hop on hop off bus tour when they enter KIDC2014 into the offer code box during checkout.
- Kids can get discounted tickets for Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Disney on Ice – Frozen, Disney Jr. Live: Priate & Princess Adventure, Disney’s The Lion King, and Marvel Universe Live! All you have to do is enter Kidcation into the offer code box.
- Visit the Guinness World Records Museum and your child will get free admission when you purchase using KIDS2014 in the offer code box.
- Visit the Kiddie Park during Kidcation week and everyone gets one free cotton candy.
- Get a free “Free Maze Ticket” at the Natural Bridge Caverns by enter 70006 into the offer code box.
- Visit the Ripley’s Haunted Adventure and your child will get one free ticket when you use KIDS2014 as the offer code.
- Your child can get free admission to the San Antonio Botanical Garden when you enter KIDS2014 into the offer code box.
- See the San Antonio Stars play during Kidcation week and kids get free admission while adults only pay $10.
- Kids get half off admission to the San Antonio Zoo during Kidcation week.
- See HERE to print out a coupon to save up to $21 on your visit to Schlitterbahn New Braunfels.
- Buy one get one free admission to Splashtown San Antonio during Kidcation week.
- Get one free ride on the Tomb Rider 3D Adventure Ride and Arcade when you enter KIDS2014 as the offer code.
- All kids get free admission to the Witte Museum during Kidcation week.
Note, if you visit downtown on Tuesdays after 5 pm you can get free parking all evening long.
This is a fantastic opportunity for super savings on your San Antonio staycation. For a limited time only you can save as much as 78% off your admission to see the Spurs, “Evita,” SeaWorld San Antonio and More. Here’s how this deal works. You spend $9 to get $40 to spend on tickets on attractions and events in the San Antonio area. When you make your purchase you will be given a voucher code to use on your ticket purchases. There’s a limit though of one voucher per customer and you have to use your voucher by October 16th or it will expire. You can, however, send an additional voucher as a gift to a friend or family member. You don’t have to decide today either. You can purchase your voucher and then use it whenever so long as it is used by October 16th. Finally, the voucher also works on nearby attractions and events so you can use them when planning a day trip from San Antonio as well.
Now if you miss out on this deal then you can still find every day deals at ScoreBig. If you are not familiar with them, it is a ticket marketplace where you can often find surplus deals on tickets and save as much as 60% off the face value of those tickets. They are always available in limited quantity so you always have to keep any eye on their site, especially when trying to plan a staycation.
Now if you want to SeaWorld then be sure to check out the SeaWorld San Antonio coupons to make sure that you get the most savings possible. This includes the latest coupons, discounts, and deals on tickets for general admission to the world famous aquatic theme park.
One of the great things about living in the San Antonio area is the access to the Comal River. Spend your staycation taking a 2 hour leisurely float down the Comal River. Now the best way to do this is to have Comal Tubes take care of everything for you. They will provide you with your tube rental as well as provide shuttle service before and after your tubing adventure. Before you make your plans though, you may want to take a moment to read over all of the suggestions here to make sure that you are getting the best deal possible on your tubing adventure with Comal Tubes.
Tips & Coupons
- Sign up for the Comal Tubes email newsletter and you will get a free tube and shuttle combo, just for entering your email address.
- Ask about a $2 off coupon when you inquire about your rentals. The Comal Tubes usually offers a $2 off discount coupon that you can apply towards any combo ticket.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon where you can save as much as 50% off the cost of your tube rentals with Comal Tubes. Most deals do not include shuttle service so you will have to add that to your cost.
- You can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google Plus for the latest news, updates, and promotions.
- There are group discounts offered where you can save as much as $7 per person on the combo deals with the group discount rates.
Note, there is no fee for access to the Comal River but there is a $1.50 river management fee that is charged by the city. This is of course applied to the tube rental costs. Comal Tubes offers plenty of other rental options as well. One of the popular rental options is to rent one of their floating coolers and ice chests.