The Latest Staycation Ideas
The idea of a staycation is becoming more and more of a common event throughout the world. The great thing about living in or around San Antonio is that a great many of the businesses are recognizing this as well. Many of them are offering special staycation discounts for locals. To take things a step further the city is now promoting what they call a Kidcation. This year’s Kidcation goes from August 8th through the 17th and more than 50 businesses in the area are participating in this event. So if you are looking for something to do this summer on a budget and you have kids then check out what San Antonio has to offer during Kidcation week. Below are some of the highlights of the available discounts.
Kidcation 2014 Discounts
- The Incredible Pizza Company offers games, food, and fun. They are offering a coupon good for 2 buffets, 2 drinks and a $20.00 game card for $28.99.
- The Buckhorn Saloon Museum and Texas Ranger Museum offers a free child’s ticket when you purchase using offer code: Kidcation14.
- Kids can get a free ticket for a City Sightseeing hop on hop off bus tour when they enter KIDC2014 into the offer code box during checkout.
- Kids can get discounted tickets for Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Disney on Ice – Frozen, Disney Jr. Live: Priate & Princess Adventure, Disney’s The Lion King, and Marvel Universe Live! All you have to do is enter Kidcation into the offer code box.
- Visit the Guinness World Records Museum and your child will get free admission when you purchase using KIDS2014 in the offer code box.
- Visit the Kiddie Park during Kidcation week and everyone gets one free cotton candy.
- Get a free “Free Maze Ticket” at the Natural Bridge Caverns by enter 70006 into the offer code box.
- Visit the Ripley’s Haunted Adventure and your child will get one free ticket when you use KIDS2014 as the offer code.
- Your child can get free admission to the San Antonio Botanical Garden when you enter KIDS2014 into the offer code box.
- See the San Antonio Stars play during Kidcation week and kids get free admission while adults only pay $10.
- Kids get half off admission to the San Antonio Zoo during Kidcation week.
- See HERE to print out a coupon to save up to $21 on your visit to Schlitterbahn New Braunfels.
- Buy one get one free admission to Splashtown San Antonio during Kidcation week.
- Get one free ride on the Tomb Rider 3D Adventure Ride and Arcade when you enter KIDS2014 as the offer code.
- All kids get free admission to the Witte Museum during Kidcation week.
Note, if you visit downtown on Tuesdays after 5 pm you can get free parking all evening long.
This is a fantastic opportunity for super savings on your San Antonio staycation. For a limited time only you can save as much as 78% off your admission to see the Spurs, “Evita,” SeaWorld San Antonio and More. Here’s how this deal works. You spend $9 to get $40 to spend on tickets on attractions and events in the San Antonio area. When you make your purchase you will be given a voucher code to use on your ticket purchases. There’s a limit though of one voucher per customer and you have to use your voucher by October 16th or it will expire. You can, however, send an additional voucher as a gift to a friend or family member. You don’t have to decide today either. You can purchase your voucher and then use it whenever so long as it is used by October 16th. Finally, the voucher also works on nearby attractions and events so you can use them when planning a day trip from San Antonio as well.
Now if you miss out on this deal then you can still find every day deals at ScoreBig. If you are not familiar with them, it is a ticket marketplace where you can often find surplus deals on tickets and save as much as 60% off the face value of those tickets. They are always available in limited quantity so you always have to keep any eye on their site, especially when trying to plan a staycation.
Now if you want to SeaWorld then be sure to check out the SeaWorld San Antonio coupons to make sure that you get the most savings possible. This includes the latest coupons, discounts, and deals on tickets for general admission to the world famous aquatic theme park.
One of the great things about living in the San Antonio area is the access to the Comal River. Spend your staycation taking a 2 hour leisurely float down the Comal River. Now the best way to do this is to have Comal Tubes take care of everything for you. They will provide you with your tube rental as well as provide shuttle service before and after your tubing adventure. Before you make your plans though, you may want to take a moment to read over all of the suggestions here to make sure that you are getting the best deal possible on your tubing adventure with Comal Tubes.
Tips & Coupons
- Sign up for the Comal Tubes email newsletter and you will get a free tube and shuttle combo, just for entering your email address.
- Ask about a $2 off coupon when you inquire about your rentals. The Comal Tubes usually offers a $2 off discount coupon that you can apply towards any combo ticket.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon where you can save as much as 50% off the cost of your tube rentals with Comal Tubes. Most deals do not include shuttle service so you will have to add that to your cost.
- You can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google Plus for the latest news, updates, and promotions.
- There are group discounts offered where you can save as much as $7 per person on the combo deals with the group discount rates.
Note, there is no fee for access to the Comal River but there is a $1.50 river management fee that is charged by the city. This is of course applied to the tube rental costs. Comal Tubes offers plenty of other rental options as well. One of the popular rental options is to rent one of their floating coolers and ice chests.
We all known that taking public transportation like the VIA Metropolitan Transit is by far much cheaper than driving yourself. For just a couple bucks you can certainly get to just about anywhere you need to be in San Antonio. Did you know you can save even more money though? There are a few options available for those that qualify to save even more money on your bus transportation, transfers, and shuttle services. Below are some of the other discounts offered that could save you even more money.
Saving on Bus Fares in San Antonio
- For multiple stops throughout the day you may want to just get the day pass. You pay just $4 for unlimited transportation and transfers for the entire day.
- For more frequent bus travelers you can choose from the half month or full month bus fare pass. You can save about 75% on your bus fares with this option.
- Students can also save with semester bus fare passes. This offers even greater savings than the regular monthly bus fare passes.
- Ride the bus during off peak hours and save. They offer a few discounts for those traveling between 9 am – 3 pm on weekdays and all day on the weekends.
- If you are a senior, medicare, student, person with disability, veteran, or have a child ages 5-11 there are discount fares offered. Just ask about the Reduced Fare Id.
If you want a movie experience like no other then you will need to plan a trip over to Boerne to catch a movie at the Starplex Cinemas. The theaters feature luxury seating, D-Box effects, and Real 3D just to name a few of the theater enhancements. And right now if you get the ticket combo pass from Groupon you can save 50% OFF your movie ticket and popcorn. You can also double up the savings and get this deal for 2 people.
If you miss out on the deal there are actually several other ways to save as well. Join the Star Rewards program and you will actually earn points towards free movies. Also, if you catch a show before 6 pm you will save $2 off your movie theater ticket.
The great thing about taking a San Antonio staycation is New Braunfels is just up the road, which is home to one of the largest and most exciting water parks in the nation. New for 2013 is The Falls. It is the world’s longest water park ride at 3,600 feet long. Now before you make your plans to visit this year, take a moment to go over the tips which can be found below. They should help you to save a little extra money on your staycation. And in addition to that you should also find a listing of the latest coupons and local discounts which can save you even more money on your visit.
Tips & Coupons
- If you purchase your 2013 season pass before May 31st you can save $10 off the total cost of the season pass for this year.
- If you are in the military you can visit the Schlitterbahn water park on Sundays and save over $20 on your admission. You have to purchase your tickets through your local military base. The discounted tickets cannot be purchased at the gate.
- Check with the San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau for a $2 off coupon. Or you can enter SAVEW13 into the promotional code box and get the $2 off online.
- If you purchase your tickets online through the Schlitterbahn you can save up to $5 on your admission this year. Get the 2 day pass and save even more.
- Check with the corporate partners of Schlitterbahn the often send out promotion codes that you can enter through the corporate partners page on the Schlitterbahn website. Try entering 333401033 in to the promotion code box to unlock the latest discount.
- Visit Schlitterbahn after 3 pm and you will get an afternoon discount on your general admission ticket.
- Plan on visiting a couple times this year? Get the two day pass. You save on your admission to Schlitterbahn and you do not have to use them on consecutive days.
In less than two weeks to much anticipated Maverick Music Festival will be here. The event will be held at Maverick Plaza on Saturday, March 23rd and will feature performances from Girl in a Coma, the Toadies, Gary Clark, Jr and more. The music starts at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday and continues late into the night. Tickets for the music festival can be purchased at the gate or ahead of time through the Maverick Music Festival website. There’s other ways to save too. Below is a list of how and where to save as well as any available coupons for ticket purchases.
- Check out Livingsocial for some really nice savings on ticket packages. The packages include admission plus some really fantastic like a t shirt, backpack, and even a bluetooth speaker from Beacon.
- Purchase your general admission tickets in advance through the Maverick Music Festival website and save $5 off the walk up ticket price.
- Check for promo codes. You will see a promo code box right above the ticket total on the checkout page. Enter the coupon here and then just click submit promo code. You should then see the discount appear right below.
- Follow the Maverick Music Festival on Facebook. They will keep you up to date on the latest news, promotions, and sometimes even post exclusive promo codes for discounted tickets to the music festival.
There’s still time to get your savings on season passes to Schlitterbahn at New Braunfels. You can go ahead and purchase (or renew) your 2013 season passes and pay just the 2012 season pass price. It’s not a huge savings, but a savings nonetheless. Season ticket prices go up $2 for the 2013 season so you save $2 if you purchase or renew now. This promotion ends soon!
Are you a member of a credit union? Did you know that most of the credit unions offer additional discounts their customers besides just great rates? Many of the credit unions offer discounts on tickets to area attractions if you purchase your tickets through the credit union. Some examples of discounts offered include discounts to Six Flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld, Schlitterbahn, Splashtown, the San Antonio Spurs, and much more. Just check with your local credit union to see what discounts they offer. You might be surprised at how much you can save just by purchasing your tickets through them!
The San Antonio Vacation Experience (or S.A.V.E.) is not just for tourists. Take advantage of this program when planning your next San Antonio staycation. The savings program is offered by the San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau. Highlights of some of the savings that it offers includes discounted admission to SeaWorld, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Schlitterbahn, Natural Bridge Caverns, the San Antonio Zoo, Splashtown, and much much more. You can print from their website or download the SAVE Mobile App.